Wheja's Sketchbook - Cover


I've been playing a lot of "Myst" lately...
No, I haven't. You'd be hard-pressed to find a computer that can actually run those games nowadays, which is a darn shame.
Anyways, I've been contemplating the "Myst" series lately. They have a lot of interesting ideas in terms of integrating puzzle design and storytelling, atmosphere development, and the like. My favorite bit was always about the books the player uses to link across different ages. In the supplementary material, you learn that, in universe, the creators of those ages had to plan everything about those worlds, from the flora to the geology, to even the effect of gravity. As the series goes on, you really see how this affects the worlds- since the author puts everything they know into them, that essentially means that they are putting themselves into the books.
This naturally led me to wonder what my own book would be like. I mean, my experiences don't add up to anything particularly interesting, but what about my friend Wheja's? He's been around a nice portion of the known and unknown universe, so I imagine his tome would be pretty big. There's a great deal of knowledge he'd put into it, including the things he'd never tell me. The book everyone would want to read, but only one person would be able to.
And, fortunately for us, he's gotten bored of it.

Rendered in Blender 2.6

Comments

Read Next