"Were" - Short Fiction


Content Warning: Mild Language

This one's a short story I meant to post a while ago. I originally wrote it for my Creative Writing class in college, but I was unable to submit it as an assignment because it exceeded the page limit. Even so, it sets the kind of tone for the stories I'd like to tell after the Great Upgrade™, and I'd like to see what else I can do with the concept. Here it is, then!
Were is the story of one woman torn between two worlds. One told in the present, the other in the distant past, both only separated by the barrier of sleep, each with their own dangers and trials. When one of her stories ends in a horrible accident, she comes to terms with her own death, self-worth, and future in a perspective never before seen.

So, how is it? Am I still bad at writing women? Where would you like to see this story go? Leave comments below to provide feedback, and be sure to drop by The Great Upgrade™ pool to help us create more stories like this in the future!

Comments

  1. Great short story Jacob! I'd love to read the long version. Are you considering making it into a full novel?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much!
    It's certainly a possibility. We do have quite a few projects going on at the moment, but this one is fun to think about all the directions it can take, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for your thoughts! If you have questions, we will attempt to reach back to you within the next few days.

Read Next