Th'Den Wheja - 6 Years!


Happy Sixth, everyone!
This was originally supposed to come out yesterday, but I haven't had much of a chance to work on this over the last month since it was first unveiled. Schoolwork had to be done, and even when the semester ended, I still had to move all of my equipment around, which means I don't have all of the resources available that I normally would. Even so, we are working on rigging and, as you can see, some rudimentary cloth and hair physics. 
At this rate, Wheja'll be available for animation some time by 2020.
Hopefully sometime sooner?
Anyways, I'm glad I get the opportunity to do this with you guys. People who have been following us for the last six years will see that we have covered a lot of ground: from simple sketches to 3d animation to game design. Admittedly, each new idea drives this site more and more into a niche audience, but at least we can say the questions posed here were explored. In the end, I guess that's what this is all about. In a universe infinite in scale and duration, we may never run into a question that can never be answered or, likewise, find an answer that does not beg another question. Yet we are the first animals in the universe (that we know of) that can ask and answer them. At this point, the questions may just be either "what did this dinosaur look like in real life?" or "how bad of an animation can I make today?" But, you know what? Those are questions I enjoy answering, and it's good to know that there are still people willing to hear those.
Stay awesome, guys. I'll be keeping this up as best as I can.
For art!
For Science!!
FOR ADVENTURE!!!

Rendered in Blender 2.78

P.S., You may need to slow it down to 0.5x speed on this one- the physics are running a LOT faster than normal for some reason.

Comments

Read Next