Archives - Dinosaur: the Lost War




So, in my quest to get back into 3d modeling, I was digging through my old computer files and found this blast from the past.
These are from early 2011, way back when my biggest aspiration was learning how to code in CSS. It must have been very early that year, because my teenage brain was off a high from TRON: Legacy and wanted to apply its aesthetic to paleontology. My solution was admittedly rather childish: bioluminescent dinosaurs with superpowers.
See, told you.
I did post some pencil drawings exploring this topic in the early days of the site under the name Dino Nova, but nothing in any of them really holds any scientific merit. Bioluminescence, venom glands, electricity, and fire-breath don't fossilize well as soft tissues, but given that none of the dinosaurs' living relatives display these features (or most vertebrates at ALL for that matter), the more parsimonious hypotheses are just the standard model.
Even so, I kinda like some of these designs. Maybe a cool toy brand could come out of this?

Rendered in Photoshop

Comments

Read Next