Dino Hunter: Deinocheirus


Sorry about the long break last week. I got a nasty case of... I don't know, something with the stomach, and I wasn't thinking clearly. For instance, it took me a while to finally remember that I could post something I made six or seven months ago. I might as well post it now, being so close to the release of "Jurassic World" and a while after "Mad Max".
But I digress...
This is Deinocheirus, aptly named for its 8-foot arms and sharp claws at the end. The first discovery in Mongolia, 1965, only unearthed these next to a few backbones and ribs. It was certainly odd; it was a large-bellied beast with a long neck and a small head. However, it was only going to get stranger. A few months ago, more specimens were discovered, this time, giving longer vertebrae than previously suspected. In that case, it wouldn't be a stretch to see that it had a sail or, given the desert environment it lived in, a hump. Here is my own humble interpretation of the latter.
The words "bizarre" and "elegant" are often used as opposites, but I'd like to think that there's a place where they overlap and build off of each other.

Rendered in Photoshop (Poorly)

Comments

Read Next