Titanic Forest- Arborie


I'm not going to sugar-coat it. It's a mermaid in a tree.
Really, I  have no idea where this one came from. It may be part of my plan to expand my horizons from just dinosaurs and aliens, but I've only drawn maybe four mermaids in my whole life, and their anatomy (along with that of most humanoids) is quite a pain to draw. Even if they were in my repertoire, I looked around the internet for some type of fish that lives in a tree to make this make more sense. There aren't any. This literally came from nowhere.
I guess nobody ever told HER that, though. She's sleeping in the afternoon sun in what appears to be a small reservoir in the nook of a giant tree. The rest of the woods spread as far as she can see, which, at this height, is basically forever. She herself doesn't know where all the water came from, (or, on a related note, what she's doing in it) but she really doesn't care. Most of her days are spent in the tree with whatever the wind takes her. No predators can climb to that height, and most bad weather can't penetrate that low. So, here she stays, in bliss, oblivious to whatever may come next.

Am I going insane?
Rendered in Pencil, Colored and edited in Photoshop.

Comments

Read Next