Spinosaurus- Old Vs. New

Maybe not my BEST Spinosaurus piece, but It's pretty good for just the last couple of hours, if I say so myself.
So, while the newer, more anatomically correct Spinosaurus is in the foreground, I've put some thought into it and realized that I don't exactly have to get rid of my old one. As I said before, we don't know what 90% of extinct species look like yet. It is still entirely possible that a species more like the classic Spinosaurus existed sometime else. As for naming it, I'm leaning towards the name Sarchognathus acrospinax. or something along those lines.
It's hard when you have to completely re-imagine a pop-culture icon, but I think we're doing just fine.

Rendered in pencil, edited in Photoshop

P.S. I also recognize that this is the second sunset picture in a row that I have posted. You could say, I'm going into Sunset Overdrive!!!
It's okay. You can laugh, even if you haven't heard of the game yet,

Comments

Read Next