Rapid Escalation (Sketch)

I've been doing a bit of reading in "The Palaeoartist's Handbook" by Mark Witton, and realized that even though I try to have as much fun with my dinosaur designs, there's still a lot of room for speculation. For instance, most animals today have horns that continuously add keratin and grow throughout their lives, so I likely have been underestimating the size of my Ceratosaurus crests. Likewise, Apatosaurus has some uncharacteristically wide cervical vertebrae, essentially making it the cobra of the sauropods. (Not exactly analogous, but the idea may have been there.) Images like this represent the furthering of my own scientific knowledge and the type of exploration I hope I'm encouraging in my viewers. Expect more as this piece sees more development!

Rendered in Graphite

Commission Pricing: $70 ((2 Distance Characters $40 ($80 total) + Open outdoor environment $60 ($140 total)) * Sketch medium x0.5)

Comments

Read Next