Wheja's Sketchbook - 28/05/15/ Architectural District

As you may have noticed, I've finally returned to scanning my works! Coloring them, though, is a very different story at the moment.
The older I get and the closer I get to college, the more appealing I find the idea of architecture. Don't get me wrong: dinosaurs and monsters still are and probably always will be my "thing", but there is something romantic about what building something is supposed to stand for. During the dark ages and up through the renaissance, colonial era, and up until I'd say the second world war, a building was always doubled as an intricate statement. Every fresco was there for a reason, every rivet told a story, every walkway and pillar had meaning. Surely, a lot of it was there for practical reasons, but nowadays, as we need more and more houses built more and more quickly, the idea of living in artwork has become less and less acceptable more and more apparently. It's getting close to a dying art, and an art like that is a shame to erase simply for the sake of replication.
So, here we have some of that taken to its physical limits, because in the end, I'm still a sucker for fantasy art.

Rendered in Graphite

Comments

Read Next