Th'Den Wheja Museum of Natural Sciences - Courtyard

First off- I know; terrible low-poly trees are terrible, but this render took long enough as it is.
Second, if we're going to call mister Wheja by his full name, we might as well set a standard pronunciation. Which one sounds more natural: "thuh-DEN", "THAY-den", or "TAI-den"? Let us know in the comments!
Third, I was originally going to put a flag up in the courtyard, but I realized that it didn't make any sense to put one there. That would go against the whole unified scientific community idea I was going for. This museum is supposed to be all scientific knowledge for the benefit of all mankind, not just for whomever owns the acre of land it was found on. It may just be getting preachy at this point, but the truth is we are perfectly capable of a utopian future, even one as cartoony as "the Jetsons" if we wanted to. All we have to do is look towards it and keep running with whatever we've got. The question "what's in it for me?" can only lead backwards- the focus should be on humanity as a whole and what it can do.
At first, I thought I made a mistake by putting the main lobby in the middle of the building, but now I see that that's exactly how it should be: not on group dividing themselves for personal taste, but several factions pointing towards a similar cause.

Gosh, is THIS what getting heavy feels like?

Rendered in Blender 2.3

Comments

Read Next