Updated Scale Shader


Procedural materials, for all the computing and power they take, produce some really good results if I do say so myself.
Both of these monkeys were shaded with custom node groups comprised of stacks of Voronoi textures. They're infinitely scaleable and while these scale sizes are based on a pointiness map, they can be arranged by using custom RGB textures. I intended to use this for dinosaur projects if I ever got to work on them (hence the quills on one and the ostrich fuzz on the other), I'd be happy to share the base file with anyone who contacts me on any of my social media profiles, or even provide a tutorial on how to do it yourself!
Personally, I'm proud of how this one turned out. Let's see how it works with some of my creatures!

Rendered in Blender 2.9

Comments

Read Next