Th'Den Wheja - Test Render


See, you can tell I'm an idiot because I decide to do all of my test renders in 4K resolution.
I thought it would be a good idea to update the Wheja model. Sure, it's almost been an exact year since I did this last, but not only did I go through a steep curve since then concerning my modeling wherewithal, but taking a few college courses made me think a lot more about his robotic anatomy and how it all should work (which is odd considering none of them really mentioned robotics.) So, ten work-hours later, we come to something just on the wrong side of the uncanny valley.
I'm so sorry.
Anyways, this model is still far from complete. I'm hoping to start using him for animations sometime in the next month, but there are still some touches left to add:

  1. Skin textures- needs more coloration and bump distortion.
  2. Cloth textures - UV map generation, coloration
  3. Metal texture - looks a little to plastic-ey.
  4. Rigging - the current face was made using a shapekey. I like the look of it, but I still need to prepare for a million more.
  5. Resolution- this image took 15 minutes to complete. That means a two-minute animation will take a full month to render. I could either drop it down to 1080p, optimize the textures and materials more, set up a render farm, or maybe all three.
What do you guys think about it? If any professionals are looking at this, what do you think should be added? Please let me know in the comments below if you have anything to say.
Stay sciencey, my friends.

Rendered in Blender Internal Renderer 2.76

Also, happy birthday to yours truly!

Comments

Read Next